Some books are really tough to do justice in a review, I’ve gone round in circles trying to work out where to start with this extraordinary story. To follow the unorthodox nature of Beekle I’m going to throw some words at the page today and hope they stick.
- I love Beekle, except he makes me hungry because he looks like a marshmallow
- Is there really an island where imaginary friends are created?
- I want to go there very badly
- Is 37 too old to have an imaginary friend?
- I have been staring at the page with the whale for a long time, I know he’s supposed to be scary but it’s strangely relaxing
- There are so many wonderful illustrations I don’t know which to include
- Friendship is magical
Check out The adventures of Beekle at Auckland Libraries.
Or buy The adventures of Beekle from Fishpond.
[Recommended by Corrine – thanks Corrine!]